Our church started in 1913 by a group of believers who were committed to seeing the Gospel reach every part of Battle Creek. They began church meetings in a home on Champion Street and quickly outgrew this space. In 1927, after serveral moves due to the ever growing congregation, now called the Church of the Four Fold Gospel, moved into an auditorium that seated several hundred people at 303 Capital Avenue.
The church thrived for many years, and in 1965 took a huge step of faith to pursue the purchase of 800 S 24th Street. By 1968 it officially became our new home with a new name, First Assembly of God! Throughout the years, many lives were transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ; many being filled with the Holy Spirit, experiencing
miracles, and dedicating their lives to full-time ministries.
By 2020, came a new season and new name, Journey Church!
And today, the church continues to carry out the great commission that was started by group of believers who dared to dream of reaching the city of Battle Creek over 100 yrs ago. What a journey!